I love Chinese food, but when we order from our favorite place, we normally have to have a $20 minimum, which is not only more than I want to spend but also hard for the two of us to come up with.
So, I figured why not make my own favorite dish — vegetable fried rice! When there was a great sale on frozen vegetable egg rolls a while back, I stocked up, and I’ve been wanting to make fried rice to go along with it. I recently got a chance to do it, and it was super easy. Next time, though, I plan to add mushrooms and onions. I would have this time, but I didn’t have any on hand when I made this. I also think next time I will use soy sauce rather than teriyaki sauce.
1 serving of rice (amount will vary based on if you use Minute rice or slow cooking rice)
2 cups of frozen vegetables
1. Make rice according to directions, let sit and cool.
2. Cook veggies in pan with oil until tender.
3. Add rice. Cook all together. Add more oil if necessary. Add teriyaki or soy sauce.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Like it? PIN IT!
Latest posts by Carol (see all)
- Slippers For Everyone at BunnySlippers.com! #BunnySlippers - April 24, 2014
- Operation Get Fit! Week 16: The NEW Weigh-in Wednesday With Linky #WeighInWednesday - April 23, 2014
- Somewhere Down The Line He Became My Dad #cancersucks - April 22, 2014