I love Chinese food, but when we order from our favorite place, we normally have to have a $20 minimum, which is not only more than I want to spend but also hard for the two of us to come up with.
So, I figured why not make my own favorite dish — vegetable fried rice! When there was a great sale on frozen vegetable egg rolls a while back, I stocked up, and I’ve been wanting to make fried rice to go along with it. I recently got a chance to do it, and it was super easy. Next time, though, I plan to add mushrooms and onions. I would have this time, but I didn’t have any on hand when I made this. I also think next time I will use soy sauce rather than teriyaki sauce.
1 serving of rice (amount will vary based on if you use Minute rice or slow cooking rice)
2 cups of frozen vegetables
1. Make rice according to directions, let sit and cool.
2. Cook veggies in pan with oil until tender.
3. Add rice. Cook all together. Add more oil if necessary. Add teriyaki or soy sauce.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Like it? PIN IT!
Latest posts by Carol (see all)
- #HH2013 – Gelarti – Make Glow in The Dark Stickers! - December 6, 2013
- #HH2013 – Glitzi Globes Starter Kit – Make Your Own FUN Glitter Globes! - December 6, 2013
- #HH2013 – Hello Kitty Kid Safe Headphones from Sakar! Holiday Gift Guide 2013 - December 6, 2013