What good is a sale if you can’t make a great low-budget meal with it? Here’s the PERFECT meal for your family of 4 for only $1.92 per person! Recipe & supplies based on a family of 4:
BUY from Albertson’s by October 8:
- (2) cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls: $.88 each =$1.76 (use $0.40/2 Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls printable)
- (1) lbs fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts= $1.79
- (1) lbs broccoli crowns= $1.29
- (1) jar Bertolli Alfredo sauce $2.50
- (2) Barilla pasta of choice=$.88. Use $1/2 Barilla Pasta printable =$.76 for two boxes
- = total spent= $7.77 (after coupons)
How to Cook It All:
- Place chicken in a slow cooker/crocker with about 1/4 of the Bertolli Alfredo Sauce and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Go do something awesome for yourself (ok, let’s not kid each other, you are gonna do laundry, aren’t you?).
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken up in the slow cooker.
- Chop up that broccoli goodness to as big or small as you like. I like chopping it small so nobody tries to pick it out
- Toss that broccoli with the chicken, add the remaining sauce, and cook on low for another 30 minutes or so.
- While that’s cooking, boil about 1 cup of pasta until al dente. Also get those crescent rolls into the oven per directions.
- When pasta is done add it to the slow cooker and mix up that cheesy chicken-y goodness.
- Serve with piping hot Pillsbury crescent rolls.
- Have your kids pay you $1.92 for a delish, easy, and inexpensive dinner. Or at least tell them to do the dishes.
Latest posts by Carol (see all)
- #HH2013 – Massage Envy & Murad: Gift Cards for the Stressed Out Moms In Your Life! - December 8, 2013
- #HH2013 – Blingles Glimmer Glam Styler – Make Glittery Stickers! - December 8, 2013
- #HH2013 – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Super Adventure DVD - December 8, 2013