Ahh, summer… a time where picnics, barbecues, and fun. It also means delicious FOOD! I love making cold side dishes, dips, and more that I can bring to get-togethers. But I always seem to have produce left over and it ends up going to waste. BUT since I was introduced to Produce Keepers from Good Cook I don’t have that problem anymore 😀
I was sent a sampling of the Good Cook Produce Keepers to try out, which included:
- Cantaloupe Keeper
- Citrus Keeper
- Green Pepper Keeper
- Tomato Keeper
- Banana Keeper
- Grapefruit Keeper
- Asparagus Keeper
Things I LOVE about the keepers:
- They are bright and easy to see in the fridge. Which means no finding a gross baggie full of who-knows-what that has morphed into a science project.
- The clear tops make it easy to see what is left. I am a big fan of “at a glance”stuff and the Produce Keepers feed that love!
- They actually work. WELL. I stuck some produce into their respective keepers and it all was kept fresh. Which means my weekly purchases from the farmer’s market will last the entire week. Time and money saver!
- BPA free and dishwasher safe 🙂 And portable!!
- Just a quick warning – don’t let your kids throw them on your hard floor. While I didn’t “let them”, they got into my plastic drawer and snapped a lemon keeper. Boo. Luckily I got a couple extra 🙂 With that said, they are VERY durable and will withstand normal use with no problems.
No more half eaten bananas! Woot!
Now – a YUMMY recipe! And be sure to scroll down to enter the giveaway too!
- Two avocados chopped
- ½c favorite salsa
- 2 tbs Miracle Whip – you can substitute with either plain yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ large tomato (about ¼ cup), chopped
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Combine all but ½ of an avocado and ½ of the chopped tomato in a mixer and blend until smooth, then add remaining avocado and tomato and pulse a couple of times to chop them up a bit more but keep the salsa chunky. Serve with tortilla chips!
Get 25% Off your ENTIRE ORDER when you buy any produce keeper from GoodCook.com – PLUS a free banana keeper! Use code KEEPERS
Four lucky readers will each WIN a set of Produce Keepers from Good Cook! US Only, Ends 6/26!
Contest open **US** ages 18 and over. Winner has 48 hours to respond to my email titled – make sure to check your spam. Failure to respond will cause winner to forfeit the prize and a new winner will be chosen. Please note that prize can take up to 6 weeks to be received by the sponsor. No Purchase Necessary to enter. This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube or Twitter. While supplied with the item(s) reviewed I was not otherwise compensated for this review. All opinions expressed are my own.