What, did you not think bananas and bacon go together? Bacon goes with everything! Here’s an adaptation of a basic banana bread recipe, made awesome with bacon and chocolate chips.
- three overripe bananas
- a stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- one egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- six strips of crispy bacon
Heat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar together, then add brown sugar. Whisk egg and add to the butter mixture. Fold in flour and baking soda. In a separate bowl mash bananas then add to bread dough. After everything is mixed add chocolate chips. Crumble four strips of bacon and add to dough. Pour dough into nonstick bread pans. Crumble remaining two strips of bacon and sprinkle on top. Bake for one hour, then cool. Enjoy! And no, you don’t have to share.
Latest posts by Carol (see all)
- Elf on the Shelf Double Trouble – 13 Ideas With TWO Elves - December 10, 2013
- #HH2013 – Groovy Girls SUPERSIZE Princess Isabella for Your Princess! - December 10, 2013
- #HH2013 – Thermos Vacuum Insulated Travel Mug GIVEAWAY! Ends 12/17 - December 10, 2013