Recipe: Pierogi Casserole
If you are looking for a new idea for a summer casserole, try this Pierogi Casserole! Pierogies are European dumplings and have grown very popular lately. Pairing them with summer sausage and cheese and you have the perfect dinner or potluck dish that everyone will love.
- 2 Tablespoon butter, optional
- 20 pierogis, thawed or fresh
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 lb kielbasa or polish sausage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- If you want to brown the pierogis first, place the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the pierogis to the melted butter and brown, approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the pierogis in a large bowl.
- Mix in the sour cream, sausage, 1 chopped green onion and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour the pierogi mixture into a 9×9 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 22 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Top with remaining green onions and serve.