By Carol |
I know, Unicorn Poop in a funny name for these cookies, but that’s what makes them so special! Meringues are often thought of as difficult to make, but they are WAY easier than you think! Plus they are gluten-free!
Kids will get a kick out of these!
Unicorn Poop Cookies
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2/3 C powder sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- purple, pink and blue gel coloring
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, add in the egg whites and cream of tarter.
- Mix on medium speed until soft peaks form and then increase to the highest speed setting.
- Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time first then add 1 table spoon of powder sugar coating until all is combined. You will want to see stiff peaks form.
- Add in the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Split batter into 3 bowls.
- Add blue food coloring into one bowl.
- Add pink food coloring into the second one.
- Add purple food coloring into the third one.
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, scope some blue meringue on1/4 of the bag.
- Add the pink meringue to another 1/4 of the bag.
- Add the purple to the bag.
- Pipe on the meringues onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Making them about the size of a silver dollar. Make sure to leave about 1 inch in between cookies.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until dry.
← Previous Story Recipe: Cinnamon Taco Boat Sundaes